By BILL WICKERSHAM The Columbia Daily Tribune
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 1:00 pm
One of the worldâs foremost investigators of unidentified flying objects and extraterrestrial visitation (UFO/ETV) is my close friend C.B. âScottâ Jones. It was Jones who organized and convened the 1995 Washington, D.C.-based conference âWhen Cosmic Cultures Meet,â which involved many of the worldâs leading UFO scientists and analysts. It was also Jones who was funded and tasked by philanthropist Laurance Rockefeller to travel to Europe, Russia, China and other regions to gather information from ufologists and government officials regarding UFO/ETV activities in those and other parts of the world. Scott, who now resides in Kerrville, Texas, is a former U.S. Navy intelligence officer and special assistant to the late U.S. Sen. Claiborne Pell of Rhode Island. He is also a political scientist whose interests include peace research and impact analysis regarding human contact with off-planet cultures and other issues related to UFO/ETV phenomena.
His website is www.peaceroom.com.
In his work, Jones bases his research on two major assumptions:
1. The consequences of cosmic cultures meetings will be profound in the extreme. Every segment of Earthâs civilization will be affected, including religion, politics, science, technology, health, agriculture, education, etc.
2. Contemplation of the UFO/ETV impact on various human cultures, including probable and preferred consequences as envisioned by members of those cultures, is a critical research/education project for the best minds willing to undertake the challenge.
According to Jones, some of the key questions for those worldwide scholars who accept the challenge are:
- When full, open UFO/ETV disclosure occurs and meetings are held with the Visiting Others, what will be the likely impact on the populations/nations/cultures of each scholarâs primary concern?
- Will some segments of these groups, including various religious denominations be more affected than others? Which ones? Why?
- What difference, if any, do you anticipate regarding the meeting of Visiting Extraterrestrials with cultures in other parts of the world?
- To what degree have the populations/nations/cultures of each scholarâs concern already anticipated a meeting with ETV representatives?
- To what extent have the populations/nations/cultures of each scholarâs concern previously engaged in serious research regarding UFO/ETV phenomena?
- On a global basis, how should our planetary response to UFO/ETV disclosure and contact be orchestrated? Who should speak for humankind?
In the future, as more UFO/ETV issues surface, there will be increasing pressure on the academic community to focus attention on related problems.