(Project Blue Book, U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.)
Quote from the document:
“a. Description of the Object( s):
(1) Shape: Round
(2) Size: At largest point, size of a B52 aircraft.
(3) Color: Red, Greenish yellow, White.
(4) Number: Two (2).
(5) Formation: None.
b. Description of course:
(1) Bright light in sky.
(4) Object traveling very slowly back and forth and up and down. 786th Radar Sq verified movement from 100,000 ft to 4,000 ft, and from 360° to 357° N.
(5) Climbed out of sight.
(6) Three and one half (3½) hours.
c. Manner of observation:
e. Location of observer( s):
(1) Missile sites four (4) and nine (9) miles North of Carpio, Ndak and two (2) miles West of Grano, NDak.
f. Identifying information on observer( s):
(2) MUELLER, MICHAEL D., A3C, 862 Combat Defense Squadron, Headquarters 862 Combat Support Group (SAC), Sita Activation Team member. TURNER, JOHN M., A3C, 862 Combat Defense Squadron, Headquarters 862 Combat Support Group (SAC), Site Activation Team member.”
The UFO incident (lasted 3 ½ hours) occurred on 24 August 1966, at 22:00 p.m. CST, according to the document.
NOTE: The “SUBJECT: UFO Sighting of 25 August 1966” letter (dated 4 January 1966) was sent from 1st Lieutenant Roger D. Meyer, U.S. Air Force, Missile Security Operations Officer, 862nd Combat Defense Squadron, to Dr. J. Allen Hynek.
This document is also presented in the UFO book, Faded Giant (Appendix D, Page 120). The book is written by Robert L. Salas and James Klotz.
Active LGM-30 Minuteman (ICBM) deployment, 2010
(text by Wikipedia) (wikimedia.org)