Three new books? Indeed — the three volumes of my 60 Second Scholar series. I blogged about these books back in July. Here’s the short description from that older post.
These are trade books — books aimed at the lay person — not academic books. All three are 100 pages in length in MS Word, since they are arranged as readings for 100 days. (That turned into a little over 200 pages in book form). Each reading/day is 400-600 words. They are not devotionals. Here’s what they are:
Series: The 60 Second Scholar
Book 1 – The 60 Second Scholar: 100 Maxims for Mastering Bible Study
- ca. 38,000 words
- Angle: Get advice from a Bible scholar about studying the Bible
- This is not a methods book. Rather, I talk about do’s/don’ts, important tools, points of encouragement, truisms, and (most importantly) how to think about the task of Bible study.
- 60 Second Scholar Book 1 TOC
Book 2 – The 60 Second Scholar: 100 Insights that Illumine the Bible
- ca. 46,000 words
- Angle: If you grasped these 100 things about the Bible and its content, you’d understand it a lot better.
- 60 Second Scholar Book 2 TOC
Book 3 – The 60 Second Scholar: 100 Observations on Bible Doctrine
- ca. 48,000 words
- Angle: If you grasped these 100 thoughts you’d be thinking more carefully about Bible doctrine.
- 60 Second Scholar Book 3 TOC
As I noted in the July post, I’m self-publishing these books. I was able to get a very capable layout designer and cover artist, so they look great. Everything is set up for Amazon for print. I am supposed to get the physical proofs tomorrow. If they look fine, then all I need to do is push the button for Amazon. I’m not sure, though, how long it will take for the titles to appear on Amazon — consequently, I don’t know if they will appear before Christmas. I’m also waiting for epub files for Kindle versions for all three. I expect those in the next day or two. Each volume is just over 200 pages and each will be $9.99. Not sure what I’ll price the Kindle version yet.
So, you won’t be able to get these books for Christmas. I wasn’t able to get the store set up earlier — you’ll get the context for that tomorrow … that lengthy post I promised about my future.
Stay tuned for an announcement that these books can be ordered on Amazon. I think you’ll really like them.