- Are We the Aliens We Seek? – The Wire
- Are aliens real? USA sees spate of crazy UFO sightings over two days – Canada Journal
- Are souls free to travel across outer space? – Guardian Live
- Jacques Vallee’s “Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers” still packs punch – Red Dirt Report
- NASA’s ‘Voyager golden record’ are getting an official release – Mixmag
- Former NASA engineer debunks UFO sightings, calls them “space dandruff” – Alphr
- Why UFO investigators ignore naysayers and critics from established science – Newsweek
- ‘Close Encounters’ Turns 40: Why Its Legacy Has Endured for Ages – Space.com
- Scientists send music and maths to Luyten’s Star and hope aliens will respond – Herald Sun
- CLOSE ENCOUNTER Stunned Scots driver spots two ‘strange’ rectangular UFOs over A9 near Dunblane – The Scottish Sun
Open Minds UFO Radio: Dr. Robert Davis, an internationally recognized scientist, graduated with a PhD in sensory neurosciences from Ohio State University and served as a professor for over thirty years. He has published over forty articles in scholarly journals and lectured at national and international conferences. His research into the UFO phenomenon convinced him that the phenomenon remains unresolved, is a source of considerable debate among millions worldwide, and is a very important concern unfortunately ignored by mainstream science. Dr. Davis serves as a member of the Board of Directors and Research Team of the Dr. Edgar Mitchell Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial Encounters (FREE). The FREE was established to provide a scientific exploration of the relationship between advanced physics and the UFO phenomenon.
Dr. Davis has written a book on the UFO phenomenon, entitled The UFO Phenomenon: Should I Believe?. His latest book: Life after Death: An Analysis of the Evidence, by Schiffer Publishing was recently released. In this episode we discuss FREE’s latest findings and the connection between abduction research, life after death and all of the phenomena in-between.
For more information about Dr. Bob Davis, visit: theufophenomenon.com.
His books can be found at Amazon.com.
For more information about FREE, visit: www.experiencer.org.
- I-Team: Former military intelligence officer pursues supernatural phenomena – Las Vegas Now
- U-F-O sightings in South Florida in the #RobyFiles – CBS 12
- Earth is trying to communicate with aliens around Luyten’s star – and could hear back in 25 years – The Independent
- Iconic Arecibo Observatory Saved From Demolition – National Geographic
- Earthbound Antimatter Mystery Deepens After Scientists Rule Out Pulsar Source – Space.com
- Airliners And F-15s Involved In Bizarre Encounter With Mystery Aircraft Over Oregon – The Drive
- Scientists have sent messages to advanced alien civilizations–and are hoping for a reply in 25 years – Newsweek
- Another proof of alien life? Mysterious UFO spotted on German skies – International Business Times
- Some insane people think this weird triangle is a crashed alien ship on Mars – BGR
- Strange Boom in Alabama Has NASA Puzzled and Locals Alarmed – Mysterious Universe
- Photo of UFO over Columbia sets social media abuzz – The Union Democrat
- Where Are The Most UFO Sightings In The U.S.? The Hot Spots Are Not At All What You’d Expect – Bustle
- Top 25 cities for UFO sightings: Is your city on the list? [VIDEO] – International Business Times
- Fireball streaks across Phoenix sky – AZ Central
- New documentary takes look at Mothman legend – The Herald-Dispatch
A website called The Data Duo held a contest for the best visualization of UFO sightings data. Their data covers UFO sightings from 1960 to 2014 and reveals some interesting info.
The Data Duo’s third #DuoDare is for the best visualization of UFO sightings. The dataset includes latitude and longitude data, so they were able to produce some cool looking maps. However, there is little to be gleaned from the maps, but there are still other bits of info they obtained.
The Data Duo, Pooja Gandhi and Adam Crahen, made their best attempts at showing the data, and although I am partial to Pooja’s map, Adam is in the lead when it comes to votes. Previously, I have referred to these sorts of graphics as “infographics,” but the Data Duo refer to them as a “viz.” That is short and cooler. Here are their visualizations (vizs).
An article has popped up on Bustle about Adam’s map, and they note the areas where there are more sightings and ask some experts why there might be more sightings in these areas. However, there is a problem with this. If you look at this map and a map of the United States at night, you will see the similarities.
As you can see they are very similar. This is because UFO sightings are reported more frequently in areas that have more people. Which makes sense. In order to discover where there are more sightings, it is more accurate to look at the areas that have more sightings per person. I always look at the data both ways. Here is an analysis I did of UFO sightings from the year 2014.
The data used by the Data Duo is from a website called Kaggle. Kaggle provides datasets for data crunchers to analyze. The UFO data Kaggle uses is from the National UFO Reporting Center (NUFORC). NUFORC has been receiving UFO reports for years, and they were the first to post them online. NUFORC is not actually a “they.” It is ran by a man by the name of Peter Davenport in Washington. Davenport posts his information raw.
The organization I use to compile my lists, like the 2014 data above, is from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON). They have also been collecting reports for years. They investigate their reports to determine their validity. They find the vast majority to be explainable. MUFON did not get their data online until much later than NUFOC, and getting their data is difficult. In fact, I used to have access to more of it, but now I just have a monthly report they send out. Now that I think of it, I am not sure they even send that out anymore. This is why many media outlets use Davenport’s information. There is also a book out titled UFO Sightings Desk Reference: United States of America 2001-2015 that analyzes MUFON data.
I downloaded the data from Kaggle that the Data Duo used to pour it up with population data to see where the real hotspots are. Essentially I just divided the number of sightings by the number of people in each state. You can see the places that have more sightings per person are very different that the ones with the most sightings.
It is important to read the data right. If you were looking to have a UFO experience, and you go to the area with the most reports, you could be lowering your odds. The odds are better if you go to a place having more sightings per person. Or maybe you want to be far away from UFOs, and you think you are going to a state like New Hampshire, which has very few sightings. However, New Hampshire has a lot of UFO sighting per person, so you may inadvertently have ended up smack dab in the middle of UFO country.
Even though I think the Bustle article is relying way to much on the number of sightings instead of the sightings per person, it is still an article I recommend you read. It has some interesting speculation on where aliens might visit if they were to visit Earth, or why they might be visiting the places they may be buzzing around right now.
- A flying saucer landed at Lambton Park in the 1950s – Newcastle Herald
- UFO in NASA Moon image? Here are the most ridiculous ‘sightings’ of the last month – Newsweek
- On The Alien Question: Where Are They? – WPPB
- Soviet monument looks like UFO – AOL
- High cognitive ability not a safeguard from conspiracies, paranormal beliefs – Medical Express
- Mystery UFO video supposedly from USS Nimitz fighter jet intrigues researchers – Fox 5 Las Vegas
- Is this a UFO flying among the birds? – Yahoo7 Be
- Is this PROOF of alien life? Shock as mysterious UFO ‘hovers above California navy base’ – Daily Express
- Not a UFO – Just The Planets – Bay Today
- China is racing to make first contact with aliens – The British Journal
- Close encounter 50 years later: Woman relives night she says her dad saw ‘vehicle’ coming from sky – Fox 8
- A Consciousness Consideration for UFO Sightings – Syracuse New Times
- China all set to make the crucial first contact with alien life – International Business Times
- Blue Book: Laura Mennell Set For History’s Robert Zemeckis UFO Series – Bleeding Cool News
- Viral Boise UFO chicken coop is out of this world – East Idaho News