Flashback Friday: Transfer of peanut allergy from a donor to a lung transplant recipient.

It’s been a few years since we first blogged about this incredible case study. You can read the details below, but in short, an organ transplant recipient got more than she bargained for when she got a potentially fatal peanut allergy along with her “new” lung. This was made horribly apparent when she nearly died after eating a peanut butter cookie at a transplant recipient support group meeting. Yup–almost unbelievable. In fact, some of you, our dear readers, accused us of perpetuating an

Related Articles

Leave a Reply