Dr. Simon Reveals his Real Thoughts on the Hill “UFO Abduction” Case
|By Robert Sheaffer
Digging through some boxes in my garage, I came across a collection of papers I had earlier set aside concerning the famous “UFO abduction” case of Betty and Barney Hill, the subject of John Fuller’s 1965 book The Interrupted Journey, as well as the 1975 NBC-TV movie The UFO Incident.
I have just finished scanning 48 pages of these documents, and placed them on my Historical UFO documents page on my website www.debunker.com. They will be of great interest to anyone interested in the Betty and Barney Hill case. These documents contain:
• Correspondence between Dr. Benjamin Simon and arch-skeptic Philip J. Klass.
• Correspondence between Betty Hill and Philip J. Klass, in which she attempts to persuade Klass that her abduction story is factual.
• Correspondence between Dr. Benjamin Simon and yours truly (!!).
• Copies of the supposed “radar evidence” of the Hills’ UFO.
• Betty Hill’s drawing illustrating the relative positions of her “UFO” and what she is calling “Jupiter”, and the moon, establishing that it was actually Jupiter she saw at the beginning of her sighting.
• My skeptical article about the Hill case, published in the August, 1976 issue of Official UFO magazine, and Betty Hill’s letter to the editor about it.
• The complete record of weather observations for Sept. 19-20, 1961 from the Mt Washington Observatory, the highest point in New Hampshire’s White Mountains.